Lustre server machines are simple to setup with CentOS 6. Pre-built kernel images are available from HPDDWhamcloud's build server. A number of different kernels and tools are continually built and tested. For this Walk-thru the lustre-master build will be used.
Intel-HPDD Whamcloud produce Maintenance Releases and Feature Releases. This walk through covers running Lustre from the Master release. The Master release is subject to continuous integration testing but may have known or unknown issues. If you are evaluating Lustre for your production environment, you are advised to contact Intel-HPDDWhamcloud and substitute http://downloads.hpddwhamcloud.intel.com/public/ for the RPMs you need for the walk-thru below.
Include the following entries into
Code Block title /etc/repos.d/lustre.repo
[hpddLustreserver] name=CentOS-$releasever - Lustre baseurl=http://build.hpdd.intelwhamcloud.com/job/lustre-master/arch=x86_64%2Cbuild_type=server%2Cdistro=el6%2Cib_stack=inkernel/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/artifacts/ gpgcheck=0 [e2fsprogs] name=CentOS-$releasever - Ldiskfs baseurl=http://build.hpdd.intelwhamcloud.com/job/e2fsprogs-master/arch=x86_64%2Cdistro=el6/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/_topdir/RPMS/ gpgcheck=0 [hpddLustreclient] name=CentOS-$releasever - Lustre baseurl=http://build.hpdd.intelwhamcloud.com/job/lustre-master/arch=x86_64%2Cbuild_type=client%2Cdistro=el6%2Cib_stack=inkernel/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/artifacts/ gpgcheck=0
yum install lustre-tests
- provided the step above completes successfully, you can skip down to the section:Disable SELinux for Lustre patched kernel.
- If you experience dependency issues with yum, the best known method is to downgrade the current kernel to the version that is needed and try again.
- If you are installing on RHEL and don't have Red Hat Network enabled, you will need to use the DVD ISO as a repo to satisfy unmet dependencies. This is covered on http://serverfault.com/questions/156458/
- Download the following e2fsprogs (and dependencies) RPMs from http://build.hpdd.intelwhamcloud.com/job/e2fsprogs-master
- Download the following Lustre server RPMs from lustre-master build.